Tuesday, May 3, 2011

first race and first tri!

1st May mark my sport career for triathlon, did my first short distance triathlon. Woke up early for my race but spent like 15 to 20 over min to book a cab... So hard to book one when i need it... Forever like that, hate taking cab. Every time when i need one. Sure cannot flag down one.

Reached the race area like 30min early.. Planned to reach an hour early but wasted lot of time waiting for cab. Manage to setup my transition early and head off to drop off my bag and get my body marking done. A bit rush though.. If reach an hour before hand will be good.. next time i got to book a cab in advance..

Manage to do some warmup at the sea for a while.. Water was warm... Damn shiok.. First wave kick off.. Was at the starting area waiting, was kind of nervous when waiting for my wave to start.. My wave about to start, got myself ready.. Goggles check, swim cap on and off i go getting my mind ready.. Wave started and i try to start at the right hand side behind the group as i'm doing breast stroke and is better that i start at the back.. Manage to get myself to the middle of the group. First tri race and i can say.. Not a very good start, wasted a lot of energy just at the swim leg.. was kind of out of breath when i'm only at the half of the swim leg.

Bike leg also suffer.. haha.. was going at 38 to 40km/h at the first 2km plus which i suppose to go easy right after my swim before pushing the pace.. bike leg was good.. Only 2 rider passed me.. 1 elite and 1 swimming trunk guy with disc wheel! bike leg was good, just that the U-Turn point is a bit narrow..

Run leg is the worst! haha.. Jelly leg!!! Was trying so hard not to stop even when i wanted to have a drink.. They provide us with plastic cup which is so difficult to drink from... Unlike Stand chart and AHM, they gave us paper cup whereby we can fold the cup and run and drink at the same time.. Overall was a good head start for me with so many mistakes i made.. From breakfast (one bread) to control pacing throughout the whole race.. Next tri race will be better!!!




No comments: